Now that summer has arrived (well, that's how it feels anyway...) everything is starting to itch. Skirts, dresses, slippers, garden chairs and baby pools... everything slowly awakens from hibernation.
Likewise with the drinks. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE coffee! But when it's above 20 degrees I'm more hungry for something refreshing than a hot drink. And then the Espresso Tonic came into play!
An espresso tonic is as simple as it sounds. It combines the complex of a beautiful espresso with the fresh sweetness of tonic!
Together with some ice and a piece of lime, orange or other citrus fruit, it really becomes a wonderfully fresh summer drink.
It's one of the easiest recipes, so you really don't have to be a pro cocktail maker for this.
- A double espresso shot of high quality fresh coffee beans. Take another look at our offer here :-)
- ice cubes
A piece of lime / orange / lemon
- Prepare everything well so that you don't have melted ice in your glass (in very hot weather!) or have a (not so) fresh espresso.
- Put some ice cubes in a chilled glass and add quite a bit of tonic. About 3/4 or 4/5 of your glass.
- Cut a piece of citrus fruit of your choice, squeeze it a bit in your glass and throw the rest in your glass so that the flavors of the peel can also be absorbed into the drink.
- Make a double espresso shot (read here again how to make the best coffee with a semi-automatic machine) and serve it separately next to your glass with tonic and ice.
- The drinker can pour it over it himself for the luxurious experience! ;-)
- Have a nice drink!
Share your creation with #zwarteroes